Sunday, April 1, 2018

A Day in the Life #53 In which Elizabeth is a bit vulnerable



So....I've been a little bit quiet around the blogosphere lately (which to be fair is not unusual these days).  In the midst of all the teaching drama I posted about last time I was dealing with some personal drama as well that I wasn't ready to post about at the time.  So.  Some of you know that for the past almost ten years I've been dating Sejoon.  Well, a few weeks ago we decided to end things.  I'm not really going to talk much about it in detail, but it was a good decision for both of us and I think we called it at the right moment so it ended on a good note. 

On the upside, entering the dating world has not been nearly as terrifying as I'd thought for all these years, and I'm actually having a lot of fun with it.  Not that I'm ready to settle down by any means, but at least I know I'm capable of meeting new people and it not being terrible.  And I'm used to being alone since he traveled so long this year so I'm more used to spending time alone than the average person at the end of a breakup.  It's been pretty up and down for me, but most days I'm happy.

The stress has definitely meant I've fallen back on rereading books rather than reading new books for the most part (although I did buy Children of Blood and Bone. I mean have you seen the front cover?? IRRESISTABLE)  Juliet Marillier's Sevenwater series is one of my go tos and has been getting me through the last couple weeks.  If you haven't read any of her books, Marillier has really beautiful writing and Daughter of the Forest is a wonderful place to start.



Dramafever is no longer on Playstation anymore (WHYYYYY. This would have been the one time I actually have time to watch Kdramas!!!), so in the meantime here's what I've been catching up on:

Parks and Rec - I mean, let's be real.  I never seem to put this show down for more than a couple of months it is my ULTIMATE form of comfort.  I always start on Season 2 episode 23 because what's the point in watching the show pre-Ben Wyatt?

Velvet - I've mentioned the show before, but I am soooo slow at watching subtitled things. (That are not K-dramas because I can't STOP watching those).  This show is beautiful, but I do tend to get stressed out when there's too much romantic drama. Which is....basically most of the show other than fashionable dresses...hence me still watching this show a year later haha.

Queer Eye - I do not want to know any secret behind the scenes terribleness about this show ever because I LOVE IT SO MUCH.  I cry every episode, it's so freaking inspiring and beautiful and if you are not watching this, you NEED TO.   I'd say this was a guilty pleasure but I a unashamed of how much I adore this series.

Longmire - Ohhhh this last season is so good.  And the soundtrack is so on point! I haven't finished yet, but I must be at least 2/3 of the way through now and there hasn't been a dud episode yet.  I am going to miss these characters so much when this is all over.



Top three songs I can't stop listening to:



There's also a "flipped" version of this that sounds more like Broken Bells and I freaking love them both.


I know this is old, but I went on a big nostalgia kick and I hadn't heard the acoustic version before. I feel like most singers in this genre don't fare well on acoustic versions, but Brent Smith has great vocals.


This is from the first episode of season 6 from Longmire and I am obsessed.


Bookish links:

Blogger stuff
Veronika shares stuff that positively pisses her off in books.
Stacee transcribed a book event led by Amie Kauffman and Jay Kristoff.
Kelly Lagor discusses science fiction and science: Jules Verne and Charles Darwin.
Christina talks about sharing pop culture.
Heather talks about when reading makes you uncomfortable: rape.
Annemieke shares how she unhauls books.


Author stuff
Mari Ness talks about Death as a godfather in fairy tales.
Elizabeth Bear shares her formative SFF (forgotten classics of the 70's and 80's).
Chris lists 5 things every fantasy writer can learn from Earthsea.
Michelle Obama is releasing a memoir!




THIS IS EVERYTHING.

2 comments:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a pleasure for me to write this testimony about this wonderful thing that happened to me last week on how i got my peripheral artery disease (PAD) cured, i have been reading so-many post of some people who were cured of peripheral artery disease (PAD), but i never believed them, I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try dr emu when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out, its a great success that he healed just as he promised, he told me that in three days time that i should go and check on my peripheral artery disease (PAD) status, I was floored that when i went to the hospital to check of my status that i was peripheral artery disease (PAD) negative, i never thought possible that dr emu can do miracles, i never really believed in magic but I played along with a little hope and faith and after everything but dr emu changed my life and made me a true believer you can contact him emutemple@gmail.com emutemple@yahoo.com or whatsapp Number: +2347012841542 he said that he is also specialize on the following diseases: HERPES, HIV, ALS, HPV, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, SICKLE CELL, VIRGINAL DRYNESS, And Bring Back Yours Ex back.
    website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You've totally made my day :D

I love talking to you guys, so I always respond to comments. Be sure to check back!