Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Day in the Life #45




Well, not a lot of note to report.  Basically just getting prepared for jumping into teaching sometime this week or next, which I'm excited about.  (Well, excited and scared.)  But I went in and saw one of the steel drum classes last week and I think I am going to have so much fun over the next few months!  (I mean, sure I'm also probably going to want to smash things too, but hey that's part of it too).  Otherwise the past few weeks have been mundane things that need to be done.  Which, actually, considering my past month of terrible surprises, I am totally ok with.  Added bonus, replacing my brake fluid means my car will probably not kill me in the near future.  Yay!  In any case I'm making up for my lack of links in the past/not having much personal news at the moment (I actually just remembered I did have an epic hiking story, but it's late so I'll save it for another week.  Long story short, it involves ending up in a farmer's back yard/hiking on a highway/up a river/and losing another pair of shoes.  Ah another adventure with Elizabeth! Don't you wish you could join?)


In any case, on to my numerous links!  Special shout out to Tori of In Tori Lex - she does a great bookish round up every week, so some of these links are courtesy of her round up that she does!


Authors

Alexis interviews Ann M. Martin, famed author of The Babysitter's Club about an upcoming reboot of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle.
Shannon Lee Alexander talks ovaries before brovaries - or the importance of getting checked for ovarian cancer.
Katherine Langrish talks about the importance of shoes in fairy tales (and historically).


Blogging

Cait tells us what a perfect fairy tale retelling should look like.
Meg talks about Roald Dahl and Quentin Blake's long partnership.
Rachel shares the best bookish cities in Europe.
Jacob talks about reading Christian stories while growing up atheist, or I Have Forgiven Aslan for Being Jesus.
Anise says divorce should be an option in fantasy fiction.
Cait shares all her favourite diverse fantasy novels.
Ellie collects stories about how Harry Potter actually changed lives.


Book News

Shailene Woodley doesn't sound down for reprising her role as Triss on TV.
Potential casting news for A Wrinkle in Time! (Hint, it involves Mindy Khaling and Reese Witherspoon)
Apparently Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is getting a movie adaption!
Tracy says that Americans aren't reading less -- they're just reading less literature.


Nonbookish

Teresa bids Lady Chablis, performer/author/LGBTQIA legend, adieu.
Teresa has gathered feminism news around the world.
September 3rd was International Vulture Awareness Day - so show some love for a species that's going extinct at the moment!
Tim Gunn calls out designers for refusing to design clothes for the average American woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! You've totally made my day :D

I love talking to you guys, so I always respond to comments. Be sure to check back!