Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Top Ten Books I'd buy RIGHT now! (...if only I had unlimited funds)





Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness, #1)Wild Magic (Immortals, #1)Sandry's Book (Circle of Magic, #1)

Ok, ok so I already own all of her Tortall books.  And some of them I even own in paper back AND hard cover.  But what do I do if I ever need to read one of her books THIS INSTANT! I travel a lot, so the need might strike when I'm across the country! Or out of the country!  I NEED ALL OF THESE BOOKS.  I'd also take her Emelan and Daine books in audiobook form because Full Cast Audio is the best thing ever. Anyway, a girl has needs. (And I don't own any of her Emelan books anyway and I don't have the shelf space for them if I did).





The Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate

The Invasion (Animorphs, #1)

Since the Animorphs books are out of print (or they were last time I checked) it has been my mission to always have copies of this series so I can pass it on to other kids growing up because this series is A. Hugely underrated and B. Is WAY more intense and heartbreaking and IMPORTANT than it gets credit for.  It doesn't shy away from the tragedies of war, and I technically have never read the entire series (my library didn't have all the books and then I grew up and forgot about it).  My plan has already worked, because the 9 year-old has read every Animorphs book I have. I probably have 2/3 of the series at this point, but most importantly don't have the first or last books!  





xxxHolic by CLAMP

xxxHolic, Vol. 1 (xxxHOLiC, #1)

Or to be more specific, the first editions which have color inserts in the front.  I don't even care that the series has totally derailed itself in the sequel, the artwork is SO PRETTY.  That's all that matters.  I actually have a few of the first editions already (they aren't expensive), so I've got a small headstart on this one!





Cat Street by Yoko Kamio

Cat Street, Vol. 1 (Cat Street #1)

So they never actually published this one in English.  But I've reread it so many times I can probably remember most of the scanlation and then I would own ACTUAL COPIES OF THIS. (It's tied with Skip Beat! for favourite manga) They might have it in Spanish actually (I know they have it in French). So I'd probably buy the Spanish copies if they exist, otherwise I'd get 'em straight from the source: Japan.






Unlimited copies of Beauty Queens by Libba Bray and Unwind by Neil Shusterman

Beauty QueensUnwind (Unwind, #1)

So this isn't even for me so much as it is for other people.  EVERYONE MUST READ THESE BOOKS.  I've actually managed to get my hands on a couple copies of Unwind and have mailed them off to various friends because it's that important to me.  (I mean, ideally I'd like to keep copies for myself too, but I'd rather everyone got guilted into reading the books because I shoved them into their faces making it super easy for them haha)





I've read snippets of Warsan Shire's poetry over the past couple years and it is so freaking gorgeous.  And perfect.  If you are a woman, and especially a woman of color this is for you.  I am usually not into poetry - in fact I pretty much only like John Donne and Shel Silverstein haha!  But her poetry is gorgeous, and this book looks gorgeous and I really, really want it.





Holly Black's Modern Faerie Tales series as ebooks

Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1)

This is another series I read over and over enough to the point where I'd want to be able to read them anytime and anywhere.  Still my favourite novels featuring fae creatures to this day (and at this point I have read many, many, MANY of them)





For those of you who don't know, my blog title is actually a direct quote from this book.  I freaking love this book, basically.  (It's also the title of the fourth book, but I like to pretend that one doesn't exist).  I own the omnibus of this series, but I dislike the last two books, and also it's giant AND paperback.  So it's better as an ebook (or ebooks of the first three books!) because then I can read it whenever I want and also I don't have to lug around a 10 pound book.





Garth Nix's Old Kingdom series as ebooks and/or the Australian hardcovers

Sabriel (The Old Kingdom, #1)Lirael (The Old Kingdom, #2)Abhorsen (The Old Kingdom, #3)

I actually love the original US covers of these too, but these covers are SO GORGEOUS.  The font! The fighting gear! The fact that the characters look less white!  UGH I WANT THEM.  And of course this is another series I read practically yearly, so they are also ebook essentials.





Jane Austen Cover to Cover by Margaret C. Sullivan

20819711

Because everyone needs more Jane Austen swag in their life. 






1 comment:

  1. Its a pleasure for me to write this testimony about this wonderful thing that happened to me last week on how i got my peripheral artery disease (PAD) cured, i have been reading so-many post of some people who were cured of peripheral artery disease (PAD), but i never believed them, I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try dr emu when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out, its a great success that he healed just as he promised, he told me that in three days time that i should go and check on my peripheral artery disease (PAD) status, I was floored that when i went to the hospital to check of my status that i was peripheral artery disease (PAD) negative, i never thought possible that dr emu can do miracles, i never really believed in magic but I played along with a little hope and faith and after everything but dr emu changed my life and made me a true believer you can contact him emutemple@gmail.com emutemple@yahoo.com or whatsapp Number: +2347012841542 he said that he is also specialize on the following diseases: HERPES, HIV, ALS, HPV, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, SICKLE CELL, VIRGINAL DRYNESS, And Bring Back Yours Ex back.
    website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You've totally made my day :D

I love talking to you guys, so I always respond to comments. Be sure to check back!