Monday, April 14, 2014

Liebster Award (3)

So I have been a super lazy pants and have been nominated for the Liebster award...but then I kept not doing a post so now I've been nominated 4 times!  Since this has made the post super lengthy now, I've decided to split it into three parts - the first part with both the 11 questions for me and the 11 questions I have for my nominated bloggers, as well as the list of nominated bloggers.  The second post will have interview questions from two of the bloggers who nominated me, and the third post will wrap up with interview questions from the other two bloggers who nominated me.  Thanks again to everyone who nominated me! I feel quite honoured :)  

Part 1 and Part 2




The rules:

   1.  List 11 Facts about yourself. 
   2.  Answer the 11 questions put forward by whoever nominated you. 
   3.  Ask 11 new questions to 5+ bloggers. They must have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin' (or their preferred method). You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you
   4.  Go to their blog and inform them that they have been nominated!


Obsessive Compulsive Reader

1. Favourite place(s) to read.

    Generally my bed or the couch as it's been winter, but the Square is quite nice in the spring and summer.  And my landlords' have a patio on top of their garage that I frequent in good weather.


2.  Bookshops vs library: which do you visit more often? Do you prefer buying or borrowing books?
     Definitely the library.  As a broke student I prefer to read books for free before determining whether I want to buy them or not!  I will say that I have an awesome used bookstore down the street from me.  There are so many books that the owner literally uses them to make a maze inside the store.  There are basically book made walls in there.  It's intense.  And I have a really fun local bookstore that serves coffee and wine/beer.  So I have definitely patronized both of those stores :)

3.  Do you notate your books or keep them clean and pristine?

     I can't say that my favourite copies are pristine (Read: They are falling apart), but I also don't write in them.  I read an interesting post about that, so I'm considering it, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to...

4.  Who's your favourite artist/painting?


  


















Degas has always been my favourite artist.  His sculpture Little Dancer of Fourteen Years is one of my favourite works of art, and his paintings of ballerinas and washerwomen are truly inspiring.  (But I really don't get the appeal of the jockey paintings.  Why?)


5.  Do you know a second language? If so, which one? If not, which one would you want to learn?
     I used to be almost fluent in Spanish, and it's the language I would choose to learn anyway :) Although I've also really wanted to learn Gaelic!

6.  Who's your celebrity crush?
    Just one?! Have you seen my pinterest board? You all know my recent obsession with Richard Armitage, but I'd definitely have to add Gong Yoo and Colin O'Donoghue to that list.

7.  Besides reading and blogging, what else do you like to do in your spare time?
     AHAHAHA.  Spare time.  As if!

8.  Do you also write? If so, which genre?
     ...I've written some pretty terrible poetry, but mostly I just write for this blog.

9.  Are you a coffee or tea person?
    Both! I have an entire pantry on my shelf devoted to coffee and tea haha

10. When you are having a bad day, what do you do to destress?
     Turn on my music really loud and have an epic dance party

11. If you suddenly received a monetary windfall (say $1000), what would you do with it?
      I would put it towards the new oboe I thought I was going to buy.  Or to fixing my car. Or to buying a new car. ...my life is so exciting haha



Gateway to a Different World

1. What are your interests apart from Reading?
     Feminism, general sci-fi/fantasy regardless of media, music

2. Are you a morning or night person?
    Definitely a night person!

3. The series with whom you share a love and hate relationship?
     Hmmm.  You know, I got nothing.  Generally it's either one or the other with me.

4. Your favourite book boyfriend?
    Chaol. Or Darcy. 

5.  Batman or Superman?
     You know, I never really watched/read comics as a kid other than Asterix and Oblix.  And growing up I was rather fond of the Spiderman movies.

6.  Young Adult or New Adult?
     Young adult.

7.  How did you start Blogging?
    See Mitchii's question in Part 2!

8. Your worst nightmare?
    Taken literally, my most recent nightmares have all involved my teeth falling out.  *shudders*

9. What's your favourite genre?
    Fantasy

10.  Do you prefer desserts or spicy food?
   I swear I have an entirely different stomach devoted to desserts.  But I love spicy food too!  It's impossible to decide.

11.  Sweet and Diplomatic Reviews or Snarky and Straightforward Reviews?
     I think I have a tendency for sweet and diplomatic, but I love reading snarky and straightforward reviews!


And that concludes the Liebster Award posts!  Thanks again to everyone who nominated me! For those who are just tuning in, check out Part 1 to see who I nominated and check out all their awesome blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! You've totally made my day :D

I love talking to you guys, so I always respond to comments. Be sure to check back!