This week feels like it's Christmas all over again! It's been GREAT (Despite the snow and the forecast saying that it feels like -28 outside when you get locked out of a building you are supposed to be playing a gig at)
1. Last night we played Brahms Symphony 4 (which if you don't know is BEAUTIFUL) and I got to play principal oboe so it was pretty fantastic :) Also you should listen to the last movement while you read this because it is intense. Also there are oboe solos. And a crazy awesome flute one.
2. Even better? My mom came up to see me! She came up on Thursday, but she's leaving today :( We still managed to have a lot of fun even if we didn't get to spend much time outside what with the snow and all.
Yay my mom visited!
And then there's the package part of Christmas!
3. I'm SO EXCITED!! So I really needed a new Physicians Formula mascara and for some ungodly reason they don't seem to sell it ANYWHERE in this gigantic city! I mean come ON! It's a drugstore (but fantastic) makeup brand. It shouldn't be that hard. But I found a really great deal on iHerb.com - you get $5 off on your first purchase, and if you spend $20 you get free shipping! So I also got an eyeliner brush, which I've needed for ages, tea tree oil (my favourite brand!) which I have also needed for ages but haven't been willing to pay three times the price of the oil in shipping, two lipsticks, and Physicians Formula organic mascara....all for a grand total of $21!!
4. Speaking of the lipsticks...they're E.L.F. Essentials and only cost $2 each (I think at Elf they might be $1, but I needed something to get me to $20 in shipping, so this is worth it since it was less than my shipping cost would have been). And you know what? They're fantastic! They feel great and moisturizing, I love the colors I chose (Charming and Sociable), and when they wear off they look like lip stains (which I LOVE!)
I'm wearing Sociable in this one. It's actually a little brighter and pinker, it looks a bit dark and red in this. This comes from being too lazy to replace my lightbulbs)
6. AND THEN!!!! I got my books from my partner on CG Swaps! Erin has been really fun to e-mail with (and also she has awesome taste in books). Hopefully she'll get the books I sent her soon, but I'm betting that won't happen for another few days. So! The big reveal!
First of all, she packaged her books like this and it's adorable!
So the goals were:
#1. A book you love: Daughter of Smoke & Bone - OH MY GOD I am so freaking crazy excited about this!!! It's been on my wishlist for ages and everyone keeps talking about it and I want to read it AND NOW I HAVE IT!! I'm excited about all the books that I got, but I'm super excited about this one. Just in case you couldn't tell.
#2. A book you haven't read: Delirium - I absolutely fell in love with Before I Fall, so when I saw the concept of this book I knew I needed to get my hands on it. Yayyyyyy!
#3. A book your partner wants: The Darkest Minds - I have heard so many good things about this book! Erin hasn't read it either, so hopefully we'll both love it and can fangirl over it together!
Did any of you do the CGSwaps? Was your week as awesome as mine was? (I hope so!)