Saturday, October 12, 2013
Friday Five (on Saturday AGAIN! Third time in a row...I'm doing exemplary work here)
Just a reminder that you've got until midnight tonight to enter my giveaway!
I've given up on actually making a list of five. So here's....just a list haha
Wednesday was basically the best day ever. Here are all the reasons why!
1. I started by sleeping in!! So that's always good.
2. I then proceeded to discover a two packages my roommate had brought in for me - one was a book from bookmooch I'd been waiting for, and the other had three books I'd won in a giveaway hosted by Nafiza so SO MUCH YES!!
3. Instead of going to wind ensemble, (I didn't have rehearsal) I had one of the most glorious 2 hour practice sessions I've had in FOREVER
4. Which led to me not being exhausted for orchestra which is ordinarily directly after wind ensemble, which meant I also got to eat lunch!
5. Right after rehearsal I ran into a friend that I haven't seen in like 4 years! I didn't even know he was in the area I thought he was living in an entirely different state so that was awesome!
6. Dunkin Donuts has 99 cent lattes right now, so I got a mocha and the doughnut guy was really nice and gave me two blueberry cake doughnuts instead of the one I'd paid for! He was totally swamped (it was almost 6, so of course there was a huge line for the lattes) and I was in no hurry so I honestly didn't mind that he'd forgotten to grab me the doughnut (I was a waitress for a year, so I TOTALLY understand, especially since they only had two people working) but it was really nice and it was a PERFECT way to end my day!
Tuesday I had a collaborative performance. Basically my chamber group teamed up with an artist for our performance. She taught a quick lesson in expressive artwork and then while we performed, the audience drew what the music made them think/feel. Not only is this super awesome for obvious reasons, it gets the audience to listen more actively AND it takes some of the judgement off the performers. I often get really nervous performing, particularly in front of my colleagues, as it's easy to listen for what doesn't sound good instead of focusing on what the music and performance makes you feel. It's sort of hard to explain, but that's the best I can come up with at the moment.
Some of the pieces inspired by our music:
And last but not least, I had a good performance for my studio on Friday (which was amazing as I'd been freaking out the night before as I learned basically late that night that I couldn't play the piece I'd planned to. Long story that probably won't make sense so I'll leave that out. Just note that I had to relearn a piece starting at 10 pm that night after 6 hours of rehearsal pretty much without break. So bask in the glory that is me). I also ran into a friend I haven't seen since I started college!! It's been so wonderful seeing people I haven't seen in years! We went to a performance at my school that I really enjoyed, and then I finished my night with white russians (for those not in the know, that would be a drink not people!), so needless to say I had a good Friday!
How was your week?
Labels: Introducing the blogger