Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top Ten Series I Need To Finish

Hosted by: The Broke and Bookish
 
 You know, I've become somewhat notorious for not completing series lately, which is really weird because I didn't used to be that way inclined at all!  But I suppose I'm reading more ongoing series these days (and then I get scared by the last book which is why so many of these I've read all but the last book).  The first half of these are series I plan to savor though, so I don't expect to finish them soon as some of them have been beloved since I was a kid, and all of these authors have died so I know I won't be getting anything new from them *sniffles*.  The second half I have no excuses for though, so I need to get to them haha!


Redwall by Brian Jacques

Martin the Warrior (Redwall, #6)

Man, this series is such a definitive part of my childhood. I am so sad that I've only got about three books in the series left. I own almost all the books too, although I'm sure I'm missing a few other than the last ones I haven't read.  The one pictured above is my favourite, although Mariel of Redwall was a close favourite!



Discworld by Terry Pratchett

The Wee Free Men (Discworld, #30)

Happily for me, I only discovered Terry Pratchett in the past year, so I've only read The Wee Free Men.  I have so many Discworld books to look forward to!  Now if only I could figure out what order to read it in....



Animorphs by K.A. Applegate

The Message (Animorphs, #4)

Speaking of definitive parts of childhood, I'm pretty sure I didn't read anything else during 5th grade.  (Ok that's a lie. I read Harry Potter too. But still.) I'm actually surprised I never finished the series, and I'm a little foggy on how far I actually got since I looked up what happened a few years ago.  Turns out that libraries don't have the whole series together anymore! So I've started collecting my own copies of this because I am determined to shove this series into every kid old enough to handle it's face because it is one of those IMPORTANT series. Important with a capital I.



Pern by Anne McCaffrey

 Dragonflight (Pern, #1)

 Ah sci-fi telepathic dragons. How can you NOT love this series?  And there are so many branches off of it that, like Discworld, it's sometimes hard to know what to read next!  Luckily I have quite a few of these left to read as well :)



Chrestomanci by Diana Wynne Jones

 Charmed Life (Chrestomanci, #1)

Oh I love Diana Wynne Jones and I still have her longest series to look forward to!  

 

Gods & Monsters by Kelly Keaton

A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)

 Holy crap! In looking up this series I just discovered there's a fourth book that was just published!  ..that..I marked as to read already so I must have known about it and forgotten about it and gone through this whole swirl of emotions already.  Whoops.  I seriously LOVED the first two books in this series though, the mythology and world building are really awesome, and it uses the two together in a fairly unique way for what you usually see. I mean...post-apocalyptic, paranormal, Greek mythology? How often do you see THAT combination?



Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

 Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)

I've enjoyed the first two books a lot, but it's missing that something that has me jumping to the next book. It's weird because as soon as I started the second book (which I also delayed on) I was like...oh yeah I really liked this! Why did I take so long? ...and yet here I am doing the exact same thing on the third book haha



Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan

The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)

There's just so many books!! I know there's a lot of books in the other series I listed earlier, but with the exception of Animorphs, the stories are somewhat self contained so it doesn't MATTER that much if you remember things between books!  I got thoroughly confused with this series after waiting to long and am going to have to commit to rereading it and there's just so many more books left to get to!  How on earth does he manage to write so many??



Hound Saga by Mette Ivie Harrison

The Princess and the Hound (The Hound Saga, #1)

So I'm an unpopular opinion on this one, but I REALLY liked this story.  It's very much an original fairy tale, but told in a similar manner and style to a traditional one.  And that is just so my thing.  So of course I want to read the rest!  But I'm bad about going to the library for hard copies (although I DO think this library has one - my last one didn't), so I haven't checked the next book out yet.



Killer Unicorns by Diana Peterfreund

Rampant (Killer Unicorns, #1)

GUYS GUYS GUYS IT'S VENOMOUS, MAN-EATING UNICORNS!! I mean come on.  It's AWESOME.  Plus it has an interesting dialogue on sex that I feel you don't get to see too often, particularly in fantasy based novels. (Hint: sex positivity, but about NOT having sex! I'm happy enough when I see sex positivity of any kind, but it's always about having sex, which is good too, but I like having both options!)  But I really, REALLY don't have an excuse with this one - my awesome Secret Santa bought be a copy for my Christmas present, and I've had 9 months to get to it already...I just haven't.  BUT I WILL.



What about you guys? What series are you behind on?  Tell me or leave a link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! You've totally made my day :D

I love talking to you guys, so I always respond to comments. Be sure to check back!