Friday, September 6, 2013
Well, this is shaping up to be another distressing week. But we can't all be adorable balls of fluffiness all the time, so I'm allowing myself to be all doom and gloom if I like because it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to.
1. Just got the news that the insurance company might write off my car entirely. It's not certain one way or the other but... I don't know. It's too depressing to talk about.
2. I was supposed to see my boyfriend this week for the first time since May, but I had to cancel. I am utterly swamped with music and I'm stressed out and way behind and next week is going to be hellish if I don't get my act together. We couldn't reschedule until Thanksgiving, which already was going to be the next time I saw him...so six months. I've not done six months before, but at least we're already half way through it :(. But on the upside, I have such a great boyfriend. I don't think I would have been so good about him cancelling on me last minute and then not getting to see him for another 3 months. One of many reasons why I love him, and why I broke my long distance rule for him. So that's something to think about next time I get irritable with him!
3. As I said before, I'm utterly swamped with music! While I'm stressed out beyond belief, it's a good thing. Even though I'm feeling all awful and insecure, it's a sign that I AM a decent enough musician that people want to perform with me and are confident enough in my abilities to have me sub for them. So that is a nice feeling when I take the time to remind myself of it!
4. Robin McKinley's Shadows is on Netgalley AND I WANT IT SO BADLY!!!! I mean I know I'm going to buy the book. It's Robin McKinley. I own ALL her books (well almost. I'm missing like two, and I'm pretty sure they might both be picture books). But I want to get to read it right away! And review it! And further the awesomeness that is Robin McKinley into the world!
5. On another upside, I feel like I've hit a book gold mine this year. I've read some really great books (That I haven't posted reviews for but expect a lot of excited reviews in the near future) that seriously made my go insane when I finished because they were SO GOOD and I HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE SERIES. It's unusual for me to find many books that I am head over heels in love with, especially on in one go, so it's been a great couple reading weeks for me!
And that's it for my week. How has your week been?
Labels: Introducing the blogger